Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

First Sale

This morning we packed the car with some of my artwork and various comfort things and headed off to the first sale that I have ever taken my art to.

It wasn't really the greatest venue for selling art as it was a sale where people were selling second hand goods.  I knew this before I went; but wanted to get some feedback from strangers on my artwork.  Friends and relatives tend to be very nice and non-critical so it is hard to gauge how others think of my work.

We sat in the shade for the morning and I watched peoples reactions as they looked at the paintings I had displayed.  It was a calm, peaceful setting for a first time experience and I actually did make 1 small sale and gave out some business cards to people asking about commissions.
All in all a good morning.  Mission accomplished.

After we packed up, we went out for lunch before going home.  A good morning.


Paintings displayed.
















Sitting and relaxing for the morning.
















The view.

6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

Yay Brenda!! Congrats on the sale. I would love to know which of your paintings you sold. They are all so good. Yay for you!!

Brenda Maas said...

Gloria: thanks. Actually the one I sold was a very old oil painting I had done of a scenery view.
I have a few of those and I took some just to see if I could get rid of them to make more room. I am not sure if I even have a photo of it anymore as I lost some photos when my computer crashed one time.
Have a good day.

Michael Dickson said...

Your artwork is great. Bring it down to Pátzcuaro.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks, Felipe.
Sounds good, I can sit in the Plaza with the rest of the vendors.

Barb said...

Congrats on the sale! Before you know it, you'll be painting 24/7 to keep up with demand. ;)

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks Barb; but somehow I doubt that lol. It is an enjoyable hobby though.

Stay warm up there.