Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

WIP - Commission Painting


This is one of the things I am working on at home at the moment.  It is oil on canvas, 2 feet x 3 feet or  60 x 90 cms. approx..

It is a commission that I am doing for a lady.

I have most of the background colours in now and it is almost time to start on the details.  So far I am having fun with this one; although I am sure it is going to drive me crazy in the end as there is a lot going on in it.

Kind of a poor photo as I took it indoors yesterday and the lighting was poor; but gives a general idea of it anyway.







6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

That is just beautiful Brenda. You are so good at your craft!! I love your work. Stopped by to wish you a Happy New Year to you and yours. Enjoy the year and take care.

Brenda Maas said...

Thanks so much Gloria.
I hope you have a very Happy New Year also.
Take care.

Silke Powers said...

That is gorgeous, Brenda! You are really good!! Thanks for the good wishes for 2013!! I with good health and happiness for you and your family for this brand new year!! xoxo Silke

Brenda Maas said...

Thank you Silke.

Barb said...

Holy moly, Brenda! I am in awe of your talent. Did you know you had this talent before going to Mexico or did you discover it there?

Brenda Maas said...

Wow, thanks a lot Barb. In Canada I played around with the acrylic craft paint; but mainly frustrated myself as I didn't have time to take any classes and had no idea of what to do really.

When I moved here and found the classes at the local Casa de la Cultura I really enjoyed them and am finally learning a little bit.